In this section, you will find detailed instructions on how to update your products and inventory via a CSV or Excel spreadsheet.
Stock locations cannot be created using updates. Prior to uploading the file, please create the stock locations, required for your update.
Warning: Files with more than 10,000 rows must be exported in several sessions. We recommend filtering exports in order to avoid having more than 10,000 rows.
The steps of an update
Follow these three simple steps to update your data:
1. exporting the file
2. editing the file
3. importing the file
1. Exporting the file
Exporting data can be done anywhere where the export button shows:
For example, if you want to export your stock levels, simply go to Inventory menu > Inventory bulk update. To export your products, go to Products menu > Products.
For more details on exporting data, please check this page.
2. Editing the file
For CSV files, we recommend that you use Google Sheets, LibreOffice or Open office. For XLSX we recommend Microsoft Excel only. In addition, here are the dos and don'ts of editing:
Do's (in the editable columns)
- Replacing data : I can update the on-hand stock level.
- Deleting data : I can remove the weight amount from my product.
- Adding data : I can add an initial cost to my products.
- Making modifications in the first column "id"
- Editing the columns marked "not editable"
- Changing the file format : I must keep the original column order, column names, file format.
- Adding/Removing rows : I cannot create a product by adding a new row
3. Importing the file
Once the file is edited and saved, you can upload it to Stockpit from the related menu using the import button:
Drag your file to the drop zone. The import will launch automatically :
When a mistake is detected in the file, Stockpit prevents the file from being uploaded and displays an error message, showing you the mistake to corrected.